zaterdag 18 september 2010

Stained glass spiderweb

You need:

  1. black construction paper 15 by 15 cm
  2. transparant drying glue
  3. pencil
  4. ruler
  5. metallic markers

Draw a horizontal and vertical line through the middle of the paper. Draw two diagonal lines too. Trace these lines with transparent drying glue. Draw circles with the glue around the middle. Then draw glue circles around the center, each with one centimeter space between them. Waint until the glue has dried and colour the spaces between the lines with metallic markers. Trace the glue lines with a silver marker.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Awesome piece of artwork. Is elmers glue transparent drying? I actually have metalic markers and a silver leaf and gold leaf marker. Cool!! I'd love to make this in my journal and the write random words throughout.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Elmers works fine in my experience. Also..you could use metalic colored pencils..or construction paper crayons! I think this is fun..will probably try it with my kiddos.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Yes, I used Elmer's glue. I bought some bottles for our school in the US last summer (25 cts, Walmart!!), because we don't have Elmer's in Holland.
    When I have to but it here, I always buy wood glue. Disadvantage of wood glue is the cap: it doens't have a little pin in it, so the glue dries in the cap.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen