- drawing sheet 40 by 35 cm
- white drawing sheets
- tempera paint
Cover four tables with newspaper and put three containers with paint on it:
- yellow and a little brown besides (beach) + two big brushes
- blue and a little green (seawater) + two big brushes
- blue and white (air) + two big brushes
- white (surf) + two brushes to stamp
Show how to paint the beach: much yellow on the brush and a little brown for the beach (so do not mix!). Do the same with blue and white for the air, and blue with green for the sea. Make wavy motions with the brush to accentuate the water. Finish with a white stamping brush for the surf.
While about four students are painting, the others can start with the drawing part of this lesson.
Draw people and things you see on the beach. Colour them with markers, and use a skin colour pencil for the bodies. Cut all those little drawings and paste them on the beach, the water or in the air.
All artworks are made by students of grade 3