zondag 13 februari 2011

Patterned landscape

You need:

  1. white drawing sheet A5 size
  2. black fine marker or Indian ink
  3. coloured paper for background

Children sketch a simple mountain landscape with grey pencil. Use different patterns to colour the mountains: spheres, lines, triangles, squares, leaves - as different as possible. Patterns can by filled negatively of positively: fill a moutain with circles and colour the space between them with black, so the white circles will remain. Paste the drawing on a coloured background.

Made by students of grade 3

6 opmerkingen:

  1. I like this! It's so simple/easy and looks so nice too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Reminds me of Zentangles. I had my 4th grade make a practice paper first describing and practicing different designs. This was a great reference tool.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. This kind of reminds me of my personal artwork... http://artwithmre.blogspot.com/2009/01/some-of-my-grad-school-art-work-from.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Mr. E. your personal artwork of landscapes look great. Maybe I should think about how to bring colour in these ones too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Lovely one Jaquelien.

    I do a similar exercise with the shape of a leaf of a tree.

    Thanks for leading me into the blogging community btw. I didn't have a clue about it! I just saw how many followers you have here! Wow. My English one has 6 now (happy with it) and my Dutch one 2 (of which I'm one of them LOL).
    Keep up the good work!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen