zondag 27 september 2020

Pumpkin, like Burton Morris


 You need:

  1. several colors construction paper
  2. black cardboard 20 by 20 cm
  3. colored cardboard 20 by 20 cm
  4. scissors
  5. glue
  6. black marker
Burton Morris (Pittsburgh, 1964) is an American pop-art artist. He is influenced by pop-art artists from the 60's and 70's, like Warhol, Lichtenstein and Haring. Now he is one of the most famous modern post pop-art artist. Morris's work shows a contemporary twist to traditional pop-art. His work is cheerful, energetic and colourful. His characteristic lines with the bright colors give his work a fantastic energy. Morris's work is known of tv-series like Friends and also appears in major advertising campaigns by U.S. companies like AT & T, Pepsi and Heinz. 

To see a step by step description with photos', see my other post about Burton Morris

And read the mail I got from Burton Morris when he came across my lesson of 2011: 

Dear Jacquelin,

I came across your blog and saw your student's artworks. I am truly touched that you honored my artwork in your teaching lessons and hope it was a success and inspired the children! 

I hope to show again in the Netherlands one day and feel free to keep in touch.

Your friend,
Burton Morris

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten