Made by students of 12 years old
- white drawing sheet 21 by 29 cm
Give students a copied print of a cube, or let them make their own. I did it with a guided instruction.
- Lay the sheet in front of you with the small side up.
- Draw a dot on top of the sheet on 7 and 14 cm.
- Do the same on the bottom of the sheet.
- Connect the lines from top to bottom.
- Draw dots on the right site of the sheet on 7, 14, 21 and 28 cm starting at the top of the sheet.
- Do the same on the left site of the sheet.
- Connect the dots with lines. You have 12 squares on your sheet now, and three small rectangles on the bottom (picture 1).
8. Number the squares very thin with a pencil from left to right. 9. Draw a cross in square 1, 3, 4, 5, 10 en 12 (picture 2).
10. Draw edges to the sides of square 2 and 5. Draw this line 1 cm from the edges. 11. Draw edges to the three sides of square 11. 12. Draw a cross in the remaining narrow strips at the bottom of the sheet (picture 3).
Draw six different styles of optical illusions on the six sides of the cube. Colour them with markers and outline with fine black marker.
Cut the cube and paste the sides together.